Sunday, March 13, 2011

College For All Essay (:

Hello my name is Alondra Ochoa and I am very excited to follow my dreams. I come from a family that is loving and supportive. My parents expect me to go to college and experience what it is like. They want me to have a good future, and that begins in college. The community where I come from is violent, and that has helped me be more courageous. My community is violent because of all the gangs and killing. Some opportunities that have been available to me in my school and community is being able to go visit different colleges. This has been a good experience because I get to see what a real college is like and get a view at what college I want to go to. An another opportunity I have been able to experience is when me and my soccer team were able to help clean our community for part of the day. This was a really good experience because it helped me understand that if we all work together as a team we can help our community. When you help your community it feels good because you know your doing something right.
  
One major issue that is confronting my community is gangs. This has been a major issue because it is a barrier for regular people in our community. Gangs can be described as a barrier because it makes the community more violent and people get scared to go out in the streets. It can also be a barrier because gang members use many weapons and that might injure someone very badly. Some gang members also smoke a lot, such as marijuana, and that causes health problems. Even though I have had may barriers throughout my life my dream will always stay the same. My dream is to go to college and I will  never give up on that no matter where life takes me. I will go through anything just to make my dreams come true because I would be making my family members proud and mostly I will be making myself proud. Some of the things I do to keep on persevering is to not get in many trouble and find the bright side in things. I also try to keep up with my good grades and focus mainly on my education. Something I try to do to keep myself from the violence in my community is to ignore it and keep my mind on what i want to do in life. I always try to make the best out of things even when they get hard.
If I go to college I will have an amazing future. It would be good for me to go to college because I would be able to manage my own life and have my own money. I will also have many knowledge, and I’m going to be able to pass my knowledge to others.Gong to college would be a huge accomplishment to me. It would be an accomplishment because I will be one of the few people in my family who are attending to college. Unfortunately, some of my family members have no hope on me in my dream of going to college. So, me going to college will prove those people wrong because if I work hard on something I want to do in my life I know I can accomplish it! I really hope on going to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment